Wednesday, August 3, 2011

L.O.V.E.

Love is such a strange word indeed. L-O-V-E. Beautifully strange.

Last night on our drive home, I asked K when he knew he loved me. He said about two months into our relationship.

He didn't actually speak the words until a few months later. (Don't judge me, but I'm completely blanking on the exact date right now.)

From the minute I knew I loved him, I always wondered when and how he'd tell me he loved me. Prior to K, I've never been in love and never had anyone I truly cared about this way tell me they love me. (Am I pathetic? ha, maybe!) I remember calling my Aunt Lydia on the way home from work one day and telling her how he just gave me these intense butterflies...bigger and better than any other time. I just hoped he felt the same way.

It was the final night of the Star Wars exhibit at our local museum and K and I had yet to go together even though it was on our to-do list for months!We went and walked the exhibit, geeking out looking at all the cool displays and features. Along the way there were a few interactive places. At one point, we played Legos (his favorite...to this day!), building and testing different things (the only thing I like about science -- the hands on fun stuff!), and making our own robots at the very end. We seriously had the best time ever. As we were leaving the museum, in front of a main highway with cars whizzing by, K grabbed me and kissed me. But it was more than just any kiss we've ever had. It was that kiss!  Then he told me he loved me.

I was so caught off guard. I'd practiced my response a million times in my head in anticipation of this moment. When the big moment finally came, I froze! I realized what just happened and mustered out an "I love you too." And that was it. My big moment came and went, in front of a Star Wars exhibit at a museum. Perfectly nerdy... just like us.

On a side note (becasue I'm full of those!), I did tell K I loved him once before. I was craving my favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream (Phish Food... YUM!) and went to the store to find it. I couldn't find it anywhere! I looked and looked and looked. Nothing. Then K walks up. "Oh, there it is!" he points. And there it was.

I grabbed him at his waist and hugged him and said "Ah! I love you!" After I realized what just happened, I kind of clammed up. Highly embarrassing. But look where we are now!

I just L.O.V.E. him... to pieces.

Peace, love and an extra helping of love,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment