Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blah...blah...blah

I hate using a depressing title for this post, but I'm sitting here trying to break through this writer's block I currently have. I should be updating the team's website, but I just can't get the creative juices flowing. So I'm blogging. Blogging about living with my wonderful, fabulous, amazing, hot, awesome boyfriend.

We've been living together now for almost eight months. Wowie Zowie! EIGHT WHOLE months. Let me tell you, before living with K I never, ever in a million bizillion years thought I'd move in with my boyfriend before he put a ring on it. And a wedding ring, not just any ol' engagement ring. But it was different with K... different in a way I can't really explain. We were always together at one of our apartments. Why were we wasting money each month not living together? Since December 1st, 2010, I've never looked back. I love coming home with my best friend. We do have a "10 Minute Work Rule" though. We get the 10 minute car ride home to talk about work. That's it. We might have to drive around the block a few times, but once that car is turned off, so is the work talk. It's probably the best rule K has instilled for us. It makes home about us and let's us have a positive, happy home. Gosh, I just LOVE him!

(WARNING: Random tangent starting in 5...4...3...2...1...)
Lately, I've been on a puppy kick.
I mean, aren't the adorable?!

My beloved puppy Sammy died back in November and she was the absolute greatest puppy ever. (Even if she was 15 years old when she passed away.) Sometimes I want a doggie to replace my Samantha and other times I just want a little playmate to chase around the house. Either way, I know I have to wait till we get into a house with a yard. But it doesn't hurt to ask, does it? :)

For now, I'm going to stick with my new beta fish, Marty. Or Martin Van Buren, if you're looking for the official title. Yes, he's named after our 9th President. I have a strange fixation with naming my beta fish after political figures six feet under. I just can't help it... and neither can K because he actually named Marty. I'd say he's a keeper. (Both K and Marty!)

I think I just saw a crack in this writer's block... back to work!

Peace, love and WOOF!

J

3 comments:

  1. OMG my LIFE is a puppy kick tangent! I think this means we're destined to be bloggy friends. Also, your header is AMAZING. Seriously genius.
    I'm follower #2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. understandable. i got my dog though when i lived in an apt so it can be done... just have to go on TONS of walks! : ) get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for following, I appreciate it! I'm trying to be a better blogger but that little thing called life gets in the way. :) Hopefully the puppy will come at Christmas. It's always been my dream to have a puppy with a red bow under the tree!

    ReplyDelete