Monday, March 21, 2011

Ugh...

I know I said I would be better about posting. And I wasn't.

"Liar, liar, chicken's on fire!" I can just hear my little nephew chanting that right now. (Maybe one day he'll get the words right. Lucky for him his 6 and a handsome little devil so it doesn't matter.)


Adorable, right? Yea and my nephew is pretty cute too! :)
We just get home from work and I'm so exhausted that the last thing I want to do is be witty and crative. The worst part is? We're just 22 days out from Opening Day, which means work is only going to take up more of my blogging time. Boo, I know.

Well let's see... what have K and I been up to?

We went out for Fat Tuesday to this fabulous little cajun joint in town. (One of the few redeeming things about this place.) We had a few drinks and a few little mudbugs (at least I did... K wouldn't touch the dang things!). And beads! We both got lots of beads, with none of that other stuff, thankyouverymuch! :)
Yummy crawfish!


We've also been working on our apartment since Dec. 1... the day we moved in. Trying to decorate and not in that oh so fabulous "college chic." We both had very inexpensive furniture when we joined forces. We got rid of some stuff and really upgraded a few things (TV, enertainment center, writing table, etc.). Most of our furniture is dark brown... except for the center of our living room. Exhibit A:

U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alabi!
It literally paled in comparision. I figured let's just buy a new table, but K, being the smart man he is, decided we should just refinish it because he loves the table. So we did. What we thought would take a few hours took two weekends. But we LOVE the way it turned out. And it matches fabulously! (Or as K would say: Faaaabbbb-ulous. Flips hand down)

The finished product:


Que lindo!

We've had a few good weeks since my last post. We've made some really good meals:


Savory Baked Chicken and Garlic Mashed Potatoes

And we've had a few kitchen disasters:


Cake Balls (for the umteenth time!)

We went on a glorious hike yesterday. With the weather being so nice lately, we've wanted nothing more than to hang out outside. It was a 2-hour, butt-kicking hike up and down a mountain. No, not a hill, a real life mountain! Unreal. But absolutely awesome at the same time.

All in all, it's been a good spring with muh boo. And even better, it's our O...ON...ONEEE...ONEYEAR anniversary next month! Seriously, where has time gone?! I can't believe it's already been a year that we've spent together. Sitting here next to him on the couch, basking in our post-dinner-food comas, watching a marathon of Family Guy, I can't believe that I've spent (almost) a year with him. But golly gee if it hasn't been the best year of my life.

And he just let out a burp to kill the dinosaurs. Cute moment, gone.

What do you love about your boo?

Peace, love and leftovers,

J

1 comment: