Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome to Atlanta Where the Players Play...

Today we ventured out of this lovely little place we like to call Hell (some refer to it as our new hometown). It's not really full of fires and flames -- it just feels like it.


K heard about a "free day" at Turner Field, the home of his beloved Braves. It was free admission to their Hall of Fame and a free tour of the park. We were just talking about heading out to the ATL for a tour of the park so this was perfect timing. Plus we're entirely broke right now so free is money to us! (Creepy person/thing listening to our convos - STOP. Thanks!)


It really was a perfect day (minus the freezing temps!) and a perfect outing. It was awesome to see K on the field and in the dugout where his heros have been. I remember going in the dugout at Wrigley Field and not wanting to get up. I thought about everyone who ever sat there, etc. and couldn't believe that now my hiney was on that bench too! It's an increadible feeling and anyone who's a sports fan, I highly recommend stadium tours whenever possible. But I digress...


The tour of the park and the HOF only lasted about two hours, but it was awesome. We stopped at The Varsity (apparently the world's largest drive in -- but we dined inside, of course) and got some chili cheese hot dogs and burgers, onion rings and fries.


K let me "entertain" him on the way home with a lovely rendition of Aerosmith's "I Don't Want Miss a Thing." I love that he lets me be me, weirdness and all. And let me tell you, there's a lot of weird in here.


Here are some pictures from our lovely day:



Dodgers and Braves... Just like us!
 
In the Coca-Cola Skyfield
 
Hanging out in the dugout


Pretending to be manager Bobby Cox

See the excitement?! :)


Our feet out on the field


Being very fierce, of course!


I'm a Dodger fan at heart, but I sport the Braves "A" just for him. Relationships are full of sacrifices, right?


We're closing out this awesome day with a nice fire, some grilled veggies (diet starts now!), the Wii, and a fierce game of Monolopy. Here's to Park Place and Boardwalks...


and an awesome boyfriend who still loves you when you insist on wearing this sweet getup...
So hot right now!




Peace, love and "Get Out of Jail FREE" cards,


J

No comments:

Post a Comment